Thursday, September 2, 2010

Soccer Around the World

Since I was little I have been around sports.  My dad played indoor soccer and slow pitch softball, and my mom played indoor soccer.  Everytime I would go to the living room to watch television there would always be some kind of sports game, or show on.  Whether it was softball, baseball, football, soccer, or ice-hockey it was always on the television.  My parents also took me to all the high school soccer, and basketball games that went on at our high school.  So I have pretty much born into a sports oriented house hold!  The sport I was introduced to first was soccer.  I began playing soccer at age 8.  My dad coached me up until I started high school, then he began coaching my little brother.  I quickly fell in love with the sport and up to this day it is still my favorite sport. 

I choose to do my blog on soccer because as I said earlier I have grown up around it in many different ways.  I also choose to do "what soccer looks like around the world" because I like learning about different countries, and their history.  Not all sports are the same around the world and soccer is one of those sports.  For example soccer is a big hit in Brazil.  In Brazil soccer is there number one sport and everyone goes crazy during the games, cheering and shouting for their team.  Not only does their country support them, but they give them a reason to support them.  Brazil is a very good soccer team and no matter and I think anyone who likes to watch good soccer would love to watch them play.  Meanwhile, over in America soccer is not our number one sport.  In America our number one sport is baseball.  Everyone enjoys going to a good baseball game.  So soccer is different in every country.  Not only is the popularity of the sport something im looking at, but im also looking at the history of it and how it evolved in different countries and how different countries view the rules and regulations of the game.  Thorough doing this blog I hope to learn a lot about soccer and the way it is played in different countries.
http://worldsoccer.about.com/

.http://www.bigsoccer.com/
http://soccerblogs.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment